Beginner/Family: These rides are at a casual pace averaging less than 12 miles per hour and ride as a group.
Level 1: Rides average 12-14 miles per hour and regroup on a regular basis
Level 2: Rides average 13-17 miles per hour and regroup occasionally.
Level 3: Rides average 17 miles per hour and over. Riders may regroup periodically but should be prepared to ride in pace lines to keep from being dropped.
Show and Go: Rides have NO leaders. The distance and speed is decided upon by the group, but governed by the ride level designated.
- Riders must obey all Illinois Traffic Law.
- Ride no more than two abreast.
- When riding in a large group, create space to help motorists.
- Use hand signals and obey all traffic signals.
- Check all intersections for traffic.
- Warn riders of potholes, dogs, cars, and other obstacles.
- Riders are required to wear approved helmets
- Riders should make certain their bikes are in good working order.
- Riders should carry water and a spare tube for their wheel size.
- Riders should be prepared for weather conditions.
- Riders should arrive in time to be ready to ride at the start time.